Config field change requests

Would you like to see a feature added into GSP-Panel? Post it here
Cidvond

Config field change requests

Post by Cidvond » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:37 am

I would like to request Config field verification or validation. So server require you to have a something in the field in order for the server to start. There has been a few times now people have either deleted things out of the fields or have but letters when it should be numbers and then they can't figure out why their server will not start. Would it be possible to do the following with the config area.

Important things I would really like to see.
  • - add an option to make selected field required
    - add options to define the field as a INT or Varchar
    - add option or global server setting to specify illegal characters (have been having issues with weird symbols getting added to server names and then crashing servers on start. This also would improve security I feel)
Some other ideas that would be cool to see but are not that important to me.
  • - Be able to sort your config fields and they stay the way you sort them.
    - Slider bars with the ability to specify up to 0 to 5 decimal points and the min and max values
    - Be able to define a default value for dropdown boxes (kind of weird to have a list 1 to 5 and the default is 3 so your list goes 3 1 2 4 5)
Let me know your thoughts or if any of this would be possible.
Thanks,
Cidvond

William

Re: Config field change requests

Post by William » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:20 pm

These are some great requests but there are some minor hurdles to overcome. This will only apply to the configurable options, not to the config editing directly.

add an option to make selected field required
Required fields will need a default value to ensure it will work with third party systems, the goal here is to make sure a user cannot null out the setting completely.

add options to define the field as a INT or Varchar
Pretty easy to do

add option or global server setting to specify illegal characters
Great per-game recommendation

Be able to sort your config fields and they stay the way you sort them
Admins should currently be able to sort the configurable options and they should stay sorted

Slider bars with the ability to specify up to 0 to 5 decimal points and the min and max values
Good idea, 5 decimals seems a bit extreme when using slider bars though

Be able to define a default value for dropdown boxes (kind of weird to have a list 1 to 5 and the default is 3 so your list goes 3 1 2 4 5)
Default value is the first value listed in the game template, the string would get to complex if we added another modifier for admins to enter.

Cidvond

Post by Cidvond » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:32 pm

add an option to make selected field required
That is correct. I add defaults for all my configs and allow user's to modify what they want / need. So not allowing to to be Null to be amazing.

Be able to sort your config fields and they stay the way you sort them
I have tried to sort them as an admin but it has revered back to how the config list was 1st created

Slider bars with the ability to specify up to 0 to 5 decimal points and the min and max values
It would need to be defined by an admin how many decimal points they would like to go. Maybe a per-game setting? I requested up to 5 place values with the game Ark Survival in mind. I think they allow up to 10 or 15 place values in their configs.

Thank you for your feed back!

William

Post by William » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:53 pm

Cidvond wrote:Be able to sort your config fields and they stay the way you sort them
I have tried to sort them as an admin but it has revered back to how the config list was 1st created
We just verified that it is working on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. A common issue with sorting is forgetting to click "Save" at the bottom when done rearranging.