Front / Back-end IPs

Would you like to see a feature added into GSP-Panel? Post it here
Cidvond

Front / Back-end IPs

Post by Cidvond » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:27 pm

Hi There,

Just wanted to suggest making it so you can have 2 types of IPs assigned to a servers, A front-end and back-end server IP list. Right now when I try to set up a server it is trying to set it up on my global IP but that is not the one the server needs to bind to. It needs to bind to a local IP. I have set up a domain name that will point to the global IP and have put the local IP as the IP. This works to get the server up and running and for people to connect to it but the FTP and Console are try to use the local IP now and you are unable to connect to them. It would be cool to see a feature where you can defined what IP game servers should bind to and which IP FTPs / Consoles should bind to.

Hopefully I did not make this too confusing.

Thanks,
Cidvond

William

Re: Front / Back-end IPs

Post by William » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:55 pm

This is already a feature, browse to Machines > Edit > IPs > Add IP and then read the hover over the input box.

You need to manually add the IP address in the an external_internal format, so for example if 8.8.8.8 is our external IP and 192.168.100.2 is our internal IP the entry would need to be 8.8.8.8_192.168.100.2

Cidvond

Re: Front / Back-end IPs

Post by Cidvond » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:22 pm

Thank you William! I was able to find that. Also was able to edit the game template for change it is the configs to the local and have the external as the one showing in the server list.