Ventrilo support question

Have a question to ask before purchasing this software? Ask it in here
NetCaptive

Ventrilo support question

Post by NetCaptive » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:40 am

Reading though the documentation i saw information about setting up Ventrilo, but it's specific to Light Speed's reseller program. Does GSP Panel support Ventrilo directly without being a reseller?

William

Re: Ventrilo support question

Post by William » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:10 am

GSP-Panel does not have the ability to control Ventrilo servers directly, this is mainly because Ventrilo is no longer providing new licenses.

We have inquired multiple times about purchasing a license and integrating Ventrilo into our software and we have never heard back from them.

NetCaptive

Post by NetCaptive » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:07 pm

William wrote:GSP-Panel does not have the ability to control Ventrilo servers directly
That's a bummer. I do have a license. The non-licensed version works basically the same as the licensed version. The only difference is I add a command line switch to point to my license file on startup. If the product can do that (which i'm sure it does) and be able to keep track of used ports (which is probably does for murmer) then it should work fine.

If this is something you'd like to work on, i'm happy to be a tester. I realize that Ventrilo licensees are probably a small market to you because of their strict licensing, so i'd understand if you don't want to put in the effort.

William

Post by William » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:14 pm

Unfortunately it's a lot of work for little return and I'm sure you can understand that as a business it doesn't make sense to spend a lot of time on it. This has always been on our "to do" list but it's considered a low priority.

All of our voice modules are open source, so if you are handy with PHP you could view our existing modules and modify them to work with Ventrilo directly (a mix of the GSP-Panel Mumble module and the Light-Speed Ventrilo module). These are located in includes\modules.

NetCaptive

Post by NetCaptive » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:24 pm

William wrote:All of our voice modules are open source, so if you are handy with PHP you could view our existing modules and modify them to work with Ventrilo directly.
Can you provide a link to the modules so i can take a look?

JakeSully

Post by JakeSully » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:55 am

you would need to buy GSP-Panel first to get module files.

William

Post by William » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:35 am

We do not have links directly to these files, they are located in our frontend zip.

NetCaptive

Post by NetCaptive » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:43 pm

Got it. You said "open source" so I assumed they were freely available (published under GPL or some similar license), but really those files just aren't encrypted with ioncube (or something) and the source is "openly" viewable/editable. I understand now, thanks.

JakeSully

Post by JakeSully » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:05 pm

no Open Source does not mean free it means that file is not encrypted and is open for anyone to edit it that is called open source :)